- Half Beef (Avg. hanging weight 325-425 lbs ) – $5.30 per LB. (Around $1,722-$2,252)
half beef Deposit
Our mouthwatering Grass & Barley Fed Beef is a family favorite. We allow our cows to graze on pasture before being finished on a diet of premium alfalfa. Our USDA inspected butcher dry ages the beef to perfection before handcarving the beef into succulent steaks, roasts, and other cuts. Because we dry age the whole beef, even our hamburger tastes like steak! We want you to be 100% confident and comfortable when purchasing from our farm. If after reading this page, you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to send us an email or give us a call.
A FEW OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- Beef comes in packages small enough to serve two people. (Steaks are cut 1″ thick with two per package.) If you are serving more than two people, you can easily add packages to accommodate the size of your family. All meat is frozen at the butcher and vacuum packaged. Each type of cut is labeled on the packaging.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Once you place your order, the deposit money is used to help buy feed and farm supplies.
- The price is based on the hanging weight of the beef. While we average 600 lbs per beef, the actual weight can vary from 500 lbs to 750 lbs. A whole beef with a hanging weight of 600 lbs will return around 400 lbs of cuts in your freezer. We won’t have the actual total price of your order until the day of delivery when we pick up the meat from the butcher. It is at this point that we get the total weight for each animal.
- If a quarter beef is a little more than you need, find a friend or family member to share an order with! Or you can try our Beef CSA Share.
- For some, buying from the farmer is a new experience, so, if you have questions, feel free to send us an email or give us a call!
Here are cuts from a quarter of a beef- for a half beef double this.
- T-Bone Steaks 3 pkgs. avg. 2.2 lbs = 6.5 lbs
- Rib Steaks 4 pkgs. avg. 2.0 lbs = 8.0 lbs
- Fillet Steaks 1 pkg. avg. 1.25 lbs = 1.25 lbs
- Round Steaks 3 pkgs. avg. 1.75 lbs = 5.25 lbs
- Top Sirloin Steaks 3 pkgs. avg. 1.4 lbs = 4.25 lbs
- Skirt Steak 1 pkg. avg. 1.0 lb = 1.0 lb
- Flank Steak 1 pkg. avg. 0.75 lb = 0.75 lb
- Bavette Steak 1 pkg. avg. 1.5 lbs = 1.5 lbs
- Cube Steaks 2 pkgs. avg. 1.4 lbs = 2.75 lbs
- Shoulder Roasts 7 pkgs. avg. 3.0 lbs = 21.0 lbs
- Rump Roast 1 pkg. avg. 3.75 lbs = 3.75 lbs
- Sirloin Tip Roast 1 pkg. avg. 3.75 lbs = 3.75 lbs
- Heel Roast 1 pkg. avg. 3.25 lbs = 3.25 lbs
- Brisket 1 pkg. avg. 3.0 lbs = 3.0 lbs
- Short Ribs 4 pkgs. avg. 2.4 lbs = 9.5 lbs
- Stew Meat 3 pkgs. avg. 1.0 lb = 3.0 lbs
- Ground Beef 31 pkgs. avg. 1.0 = 31.0 lbs
- Soup Bones 4 pkgs. avg. 1.25 lbs = 5.0 lbs